Loadrunner is a trusted name in the field of software testing. There certain features of Loadrunner which makes it stand apart from other tools present in the market. Some of the Loadrunner specific features are as follows :
- Think Time: Think time is the amount of time for which the script will not perform any action. While recording the browsing action, if a user doesn’t perform any action for a specific period of time, it is taken into account as think time. While modifying the recorded script think time can be inserted manually.
- Rendezvous: Sometimes we need to emulate heavy user load on your system. To achieve this, we synchronize Vusers to perform a task at exactly the same moment. You configure multiple Vusers to act simultaneously by creating a rendezvous point. When a Vuser arrives at the rendezvous point, it waits until all Vusers arrive.When all Vusers arrive, the Vusers are released.
- Parameters: To make some of the dynamic data supplied by the users such as login details, search term should be replaced with parameters and so that the script is not hard-coded and these parameter values are different for some vusers, thus making the load testing more realistic.
- Correlation: Dynamic variables like cookies, session id etc changes every time we connect with the website.While recording the script these variables values are hard coded. So when we run the script it shows error and the script is not passed as these values should be different every time we connect to that particular site.Correlation helps us overcome this problem.
- Transaction: Transaction are those those functions in your script that should be monitored with details.Some functions like login, cart etc are important for the website,thus their response time is very important. In that scenario insert transactions to get a detailed summary about those actions