- The load test in loadrunner is created with the building up of scripts also known as vugen scripts.
- The vugen scripts are created from the vugen generator application program that can be started directly from the folder in the start menu or from the loadrunner welcome page interface.
- When started click on file->new and then a dialog box will open up requesting you to select the protocol required.
- Choose the protocol you need based upon the application you are testing. Over here we will deal with Web (Http and Html) for testing various websites according the performance point of view.
- After selecting the protocol you will see a ‘start record ’ button in the task bar. On clicking that another dialog box will open up with different fields. Keeping all other fields intact just write the url of the website to be tested in the required space and click ok.
- After that a browser will open up (usually Internet Explorer) and navigate the web just the same you want your think the users are going to use your website or the way so that you can cover the parts of the site you want to get tested.(eg. Login, logout, cart function, Search function etc).
- After you are done with navigating the website click on the stop button from the small control box that will be lying above the browser to stop recording it.
- Now you can replay this script by pressing Run button from the task bar or by clicking F5. Different manipulations of the scripts can be done which is explained in ‘building your script’ part.
Various products of loadRunner:
1)HP LoadRunner software for Mobile:
Mobile users are extremely sensitive to the performance and reliability of mobile services and reliability of mobile services. There is much evidence of dramatically reduced service consumption and associated decrease in revenues due to service-performance issues. HP LoadRunner software for Mobile is a telco-grade solution for predicting system behavior and service performance against real-life load scenarios.
HP LoadRunner for Mobile enables our organization to:
- Obtain an accurate picture of end-to-end service performance prior to going live.
- Verify that new or upgraded mobile services meet specified performance requirements.
- Identify and reduce performance bottlenecks during the deployment and operations lifecycle.
How LoadRunner for Mobile Works?
HP LoadRunner for Mobile emulates thousands of concurrent users to simulate real-life workload. HP LoadRunner for Mobile stresses a service or an application from end to end—applying consistent, measurable and repeatable loads. HP LoadRunner for Mobile captures the end-user response times of key user-interaction sequences with the tested services to levels of performance and reliability can be met.
2)Hp loadrunner for cloud:
HP has recently announced the cloud version of LoadRunner in colloboration with Amazon EC2. LoadRunner is not just poised to bridge that gap with its on-demand and “pay-as-you-go” policy – to add to that, its in-the-cloud offering going to reduce the burden of permissions required in a company set-up to negotiate a firewall. LoadRunner in the Cloud is based on LoadRunner 9.5 and is immediately available as a beta-test free of charge for US customers. Users will still need to pay for Amazon cloud infrastructure and bandwidth usage.