- The load test in loadrunner is created with the building up of scripts also known as vugen scripts.
- The vugen scripts are created from the vugen generator application program that can be started directly from the folder in the start menu or from the loadrunner welcome page interface.
- When started click on file->new and then a dialog box will open up requesting you to select the protocol required.
- Choose the protocol you need based upon the application you are testing. Over here we will deal with Web (Http and Html) for testing various websites according the performance point of view.
- After selecting the protocol you will see a ‘start record ’ button in the task bar. On clicking that another dialog box will open up with different fields. Keeping all other fields intact just write the url of the website to be tested in the required space and click ok.
- After that a browser will open up (usually Internet Explorer) and navigate the web just the same you want your think the users are going to use your website or the way so that you can cover the parts of the site you want to get tested.(eg. Login, logout, cart function, Search function etc).
- After you are done with navigating the website click on the stop button from the small control box that will be lying above the browser to stop recording it.
- Now you can replay this script by pressing Run button from the task bar or by clicking F5. Different manipulations of the scripts can be done which is explained in ‘building your script’ part.